OVERVIEW OF REQUIREMENTS
Zambia requires that all ICT equipment must be homologated and/or certified and/or type approved before it can be imported and sold in the local Zambian market.
Within Zambia there is one government departments responsible for this activity within the ICT sector.
ZICTA: Independent Communications Authority of South Africa (ICASA) requires that all telecommunications terminal equipment and all radio equipment must be registered for type approval.
ZICTA Requirements to issue a Type Approval Certificate & Type Approval Number
- ZICTA Application Form
- Payment of the requisite application fee
- Product Test Reports
- Product Specifications
- Product User Manual
- Photographs of the Product
ZICTA Report Requirements
- RF Test Reports
- EMC Test Reports
- Product Safety Test Reports
- SAR Test Reports
- User Manual
- Product Specification
- Declaration of Conformity
ZICTA Labelling Requirements
ZICTA released an update to the labelling requirements. This regulates the labelling requirements for all telecommunication and radio devices in South Africa.
- The label, which must be legible and protected against damage, shall be affixed to the devices before being placed in the market.
- The label must bear the ZICTA Logo, Certificate Number (TA XXXX-YYYY).
- The minimum size of the logo must be 3mm x 3mm and for the certification number 1mm x 1mm
- If the labels are added at point of manufacture, the manufacture needs to request this via formal process. ZICTA will then send a written acknowledgement confirming approval of the request.
Sigmatics is able to offer our customers the following homologation, certification and type approval services in South Africa.
- ZICTA Type Approval Certificate
- Local Representative Service
Should your company be interested please submit your on-line requirement to homologation [@] sigmatics.co.za and we will be in touch.